Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Program Override


Some dreams command your attention. This is one of those...


"I'm watching a woman rush towards a airplane that is about to take off. She has a short metal tube in her hands that is filled with cylindrical rods. She takes two new rods and places them along side the others. She is going to pilot the airplane, but will need to insert this metal tube into the control panel. She runs down the aisle towards the cockpit telling the other pilots that she has a new program that will override the existing one. There are only moments left before take off. She slips the tube in and the readings on the control panel indicate that the new program has taken effect. She says, "I knew it would work!" The plane rises into the air with great speed and power."

This dream left me with some poignant questions. What in my life needs a program override in order to take off? What might a commercial airline signify? Something where I'm transporting people to another destination? What about the metal rods? Two new ideas... two new pieces of information? I have the sense that this woman is a part of me that knows what will work and she has the keys!

No comments:

Post a Comment