Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Inside Scoop



Have you ever had dreams that tickle your funny bone? I had one this summer that I'd love to share with you.

"My partner D and I are getting on a bus. As I'm fumbling around looking for change, he is approached by a woman on a mission. She leads him to the back of the bus and is explaining what she would like him to do. I head back, sit down where the seats are facing the aisle, and hear the woman say to D, "It'll just take a few minutes..."  He gets up and joins a group of about six people who are facing me. They all have similar T-shirts on. They begin singing and D has the lead. "Don't be tired like me, eat hemp hearts... eat hemp hearts..." He turns sideways and making a move with his arms like train wheels turning, he says emphatically, "HEMP HEARTS" 


As I awaken, I am chuckling to myself. I turn to D and ask, "Do you know what hemp hearts are? He has no idea. I head down to my computer and google hemp hearts. Wow! There's such a thing and they are purported to be "the most concentrated and best balanced source of proteins, essential fats and vitamins in nature... you should expect sufficient energy to increase productivity and better enjoy life, and you will not need energy boosts from coffee and other stimulants." Now we're talking! 

Now, this is not an advertisement. I would like to use this dream to make a couple of points about the dreaming mind. It has a great sense of humour and it also knows much more than the conscious mind does about what is good for us. 

Although I had likely seen hemp hearts in a health food store or in a health magazine at some time, I knew nothing about them. The psyche (in Jungian thought it encompasses the ideas of soul, self, and mind) picks up all sorts of information that our waking self doesn't. D and I had been feeling very tired in the days prior to this dream. I had been feeling that I was drinking too much coffee. Voila! The dream not only brought key information to light, it delivered it in a most humorous way. And, no doubt I was in need of some humour at that time... I have that infliction of being too serious at times. I just love dreams!

So, expect 'to the point' creative and wise messages from your inner dream guide. 


4 comments:

  1. Andree
    Love this idea. Will you be having this place for people to share their dreams. For people like me that is exciting idea. I love this dream. I eat hemp hearts every day. I eat humor every day as an equal heart remedy. I had a dream about being a life coach and didn't seem to be of any assitance to anyone in the dream. Perhaps some part of me doesn't feel very coached these days. Love ya.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this an example of the whole dream being a metaphor for how you are feeling in your everyday life? It's interesting that you ARE a life coach in the dream... just can't seem to find the way to help.

    ReplyDelete